Saturday, August 7, 2010

Thank You for Death

Thank You for Death. Knowing that all things end enables us to try and live meaningful lives. I have learned many important lessons when my cousin died. If anything, I became more encouraged to live healthy and with minimal regrets. Her death at such a young age made me accept the fact that I am temporary and so are the things around me. Knowing that death is near made me look back at my life to see if I am fully aware of the things that really matter. I realized that I can't dwell too much on the negative side of being alive. Loneliness goes hand in hand with happiness as madness does with insanity. All I need to do is choose.

Every single thing I do is a choice. A chance to drive my life forward to where I really want to be. I can't be afraid. I can't be a coward. Fears would simply reverse your life back and snatch you away from the things you dream. I told You the other day that I was mad--in every definition of the word. I was mad at people and myself. I have gone mad for quite a while too. And I thank You for letting me experience the extreme emotions but all the while holding my hand to keep me on my feet.

I thank You for Death but I thank You more for my Life.

P. S. Please take care of my cousin. I know she will be well taken care of in Your hands than in ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment